Soft Tissue Fixation System
Coronet™ Soft Tissue
The Coronet System’s novel design allows for SIMULTANEOUS, STRONG and SECURE
soft tissue-to-bone fixation.
During deployment, the implant simultaneously engages soft tissue and bone. The novel design eliminates the need for knot tying and streamlines the soft tissue-to-bone fixation procedure.
A stainless steel soft tissue washer significantly increases the resistance to soft tissue “tear-through” compared to conventional suture fixation methods.1
A continuous loop of #2
ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene suture connects the soft tissue washer and bone anchor providing a secure connection.
Pioneering Approach to
Soft Tissue-to-Bone Fixation
Traditional soft tissue-to-bone fixation methods rely on suture to secure the soft tissue to the bone. These approaches require additional steps during the procedure and can fail due to soft tissue “tear through” at the repair site.2 Coronet Soft Tissue Fixation System was designed to address the limitations of suture.
Features of the system include:
- Electropolished, stainless steel soft tissue washer provides soft tissue fixation more resistant to “tear through” than conventional suture techniques.1
- A tap-in style, 3.5 mm diameter, PEEK bone anchor is deployed into the bone as the washer simultaneously engages the soft tissue during implant deployment, streamlining the soft tissue-to-bone fixation procedure.
- A continuous loop of #2 UHMWPE suture connects the soft tissue washer and bone anchor components, providing a secure connection demonstrated to increase resistance to gap formation compared to conventional suture techniques.1
The Coronet System is provided as a single-use kit including a customized drill bit to facilitate simple, rapid, and reliable deployment.
Prepare implant site
1. CoNextions Internal Testing. Benchtop testing. May not be indicative of clinical performance.
2. Tashjian RZ, et al. Arthroscopy 2018;34(1):58-63.
Coronet Soft Tissue Fixation System Resources